Tuesday, February 13, 2018



WITH ANGEL'S WINGS by STEPHANIE A. COLLINS


With Angel's Wings     REMARKABLE BOOK!


This book is extremely well written. It has every element that makes a great novel. It makes the reader keep turning the pages and the emotions are described in such vivid detail that they can best be described as raw. I had to put the book down at times because it was so real. I especially ached for Hannah, her baby girl.

Laura’s children were born with genetic illnesses. The author described what happened in graphic, heartbreaking detail. The reader is left crying, angry, and sad. What more could one want from a book, except I sometimes felt like it was at the expense of the author and her family.

I am an editor as well as writer, and I honestly have not read any book as well written and edited as this one. In telling what is actually her own story in fictional, third party, the author doesn’t seem to hold back anything. That is one thing that made the book so remarkable.


I didn’t necessarily agree with every decision that Laura made, but that was okay. She is painted as flawed, hurt, and depressed. I look forward to any book written by Ms. Collins. She is an enormously gifted writer.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Joyce; I'm truly touched by your beautiful review! :) ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete