Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tim J. Meyers RUDE DUDE'S BOOK OF FOOD

Rude Dude’s Book of Food is a delightful book written for Middle Grade, but any adult will thoroughly enjoy it. I know I did. The author relates a humorous history of food, so funny that the I forgot that I was learning about history in the process. Every page is full of funny tales, illustrations, and even some poems. But the author never strays from the subject of food—specifically, chocolate, noodles, hamburgers, pizza, egg rolls, and fortune cookies. Mr. Myers reminds the reader that a diet of only these foods wouldn’t be healthy and to eat our vegetables.

There is absolutely no way that I could do this review justice. The book is chock full of so many funny, sweet, interesting, and helpful information that I can’t imagine writing an accurate review. In a word, the book is flawless. In the beginning, the author wrote this warning to the reader:

This book will probably make you very, very hungry! Good luck with that.

It did exactly that. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to order pizza or Chinese food for dinner or both.

Run, don’t walk. to order this book from Amazon. Whether you have children or not is entirely irrelevant. You will laugh and smile the entire time that you are reading it. If you do happen to have children, then they will enjoy it, too!


    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=rude%20dude%27s%20book%20of%20food&sprefix=rude+dud%2Cstripbooks%2C254


No comments:

Post a Comment